McKeown Contracting is a family owned and operated business working in Ottawa and the surrounding area. We specialize in Excavating, Backfilling, Site Grading, Heavy Equipment/Truck Rentals, Site Remediation, Snow ploughing, and Building Demolition. McKeown Contracting is currently looking for a General Labourer to join our team.
What McKeown Contracting Offers
- Competitive wages.
- Bonus Programs.
- Fun and friendly working environment.
- Operate heavy equipment such as Skid steer, Mini-Excavator, Front End Loader, Backhoe, and Shovel.
- Perform work such as but not limited to excavation, backfill, site grading, material handling, building demolition, and snow ploughing.
- Lubricate, clean, maintain and repair equipment as needed.
- Communicate effectively with site supervisor, and workers to ensure the work gets done in a safe and efficient manner.
- Perform other activities at construction site as directed.
- Steel toe boots conforming to CSA standards.
- Ability to work with others and take direction from the foreman on site.
- Must have own reliable transportation.
- Must be able to put material to grade.
- Must have 3+ years experience operating heavy equipment.
- Work well under pressure.
- Work 10 plus hours a day, 5 days a week and occasional nights and weekends.
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment with changing weather.
- Highschool diploma or GED.
- Heavy equipment license.
- Health and Safety training.
- Knowledge of First Aid and CPR
- Good general knowledge of civil work.
- Construction certification.
- Mechanically inclined.