McKeown Contracting is a family owned and operated business working in Ottawa and the surrounding area. We specialize in Excavating, Backfilling, Site Grading, Heavy Equipment/Truck Rentals, Site Remediation, Snow ploughing, and Building Demolition. McKeown Contracting is currently looking for a General Labourer to join our team.
- Operate compaction equipment such as Gas Plates, Diesel Plates, Ride-on’s, etc.
- Direct traffic at or near construction sites.
- Level or remove granular material and earth to specific grades using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows, etc.
- Lubricate, clean, and repair machinery and tools.
- Communicate effectively with heavy equipment operators, site supervisor, and fellow workers to ensure the work gets done in a safe and efficient manner.
- Check grades using survey equipment such as laser level.
- Sort demolition debris i.e., concrete, metal, and garbage.
- Perform other activities at construction site as directed.
- Steel toe boots conforming to CSA standards.
- Can lift heavy objects at least 50lbs in weight.
- Ability to work with others and take direction from the foreman on site.
- Must have own reliable transportation.
- Physically fit.
- Work 10 plus hours a day, 5 days a week and occasional nights and weekends.
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment with changing weather.
- Knowledge of GPS survey equipment.
- Highschool diploma or GED.
- Health and Safety training.
- Knowledge of First Aid and CPR
- Mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary for construction.
- Construction certification.