McKeown Contracting is a family owned and operated business working in Ottawa and the surrounding area. We specialize in Excavating, Backfilling, Site Grading, Heavy Equipment/Truck Rentals, Site Remediation, Snow ploughing, and Building Demolition. McKeown Contracting is currently looking for a Site Foreman to join our team.
- Supervise an assigned work crew.
- Prioritize daily work assignments and assign tasks to various crew members.
- Observe work in progress and provide guidance and direction when needed.
- Communicate effectively with heavy equipment operators, and workers to ensure the work gets done in a safe and efficient manner.
- Work with superintendent and other trade foremen to plan and execute work.
- Set/Check grades using survey equipment such as laser level and GPS.
- Layout foundations, roadways, parking lots, etc. for excavation and backfill.
- Coordinate with office to ensure proper delivery and removal of material onsite.
- Fill out daily activity sheets to track progress of job.
- Perform other activities at construction site as required.
- Steel toe boots conforming to CSA standards.
- Ability to work with others and motivate workers to perform assigned tasks as efficiently as possible.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Ability to problem solve and think outside the box, to make the best decisions possible in a fast-paced environment, with rapidly changing priorities.
- Must have 5+ years experience in earthwork.
- Must have 3+ years experience as a site foreman.
- Work 10 plus hours a day, 5 days a week and occasional nights and weekends.
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment with changing weather.
- Knowledge of GPS survey equipment.
- E.T. or C.Tech Designation.
- Health and Safety training.
- Knowledge of First Aid and CPR.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment.
- Mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary for construction.
- Construction certification.